Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Gday, I have a bit of a situation about a purchase order

Customer Question

G'day,
I have a bit of a situation about a purchase order from a c in Alice Springs, NT. I bought a 2009 Toyota Landcrusier GXL 200 back in Dec, 2011 and we also had a purchase order to the value of $980.00 to have a snorkel supplied and fitted. After some discussion between my wife and I we decided to change the purchase order from a snorkel and use as a down payment for the new bull bar. When I inquired with the local aftermarket 4x4 store TOPGEAR they said it wouldn't be a problem just would be best to have the purchase order changed so no confusion on what to be ordered.

I have email history about our discussion between the Peter Kittle Motor Company and myself regarding a mending of the purchase order. First, I was never informed when the purchase order was to be competed and used when we bought the vehicle. Second, when the request was asked to change the current purchase order, I was told it didn't need to be but for it to be costed out to Peter Kittle Motor Company.

I just received an email regarding the last few emails because I wanted to resolve this situation and move on. I was offered a $500.00 credit to the Peter Kittle Motor Company Parts store but we are short by $480.00. Would I have any legal rights to the full amount or should I take the goodwill credit from Peter Kittle Motor Company? After all we did pay for the purchase order and from my understand is our purchase order and we can do what we wont with it.

Cheers,

Stephan
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic. We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well, I haven't really found any other answer as yet. My wife does know the sons owner who in charge of the dealership in Alice Springs. We could go through him maybe or continue to look at the other options.
Cheers, steve
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Steve,

Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should I post more information regarding this situation? I have emails that detail all the information. Just let me know and I can add them if requires.
Cheers, steve
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hello

They are in the business of selling vehicles and fitting items to them.

They cannot simply fall behind the defence of 'we made a mistake, here is some credit.'

You are well within your right to seek that what you ordered will be fitted to the vehicle.

http://www.consumeraffairs.nt.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

I would look to consumer affairs and make a complaint if your request does not go through.

Please accept.