How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5708
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I moved out of my family home one year ago. There are

This answer was rated:

I moved out of my family home one year ago. There are no dependent children living at the home.

For family financial reasons I have not pursued a property settlement as yet. Where do I stand legally if I wish to move back I to the home?



Whether or not you move out of the home, it does not have an issue with what your are entitled to receive.


My suggestion is to draft up an agreement now when both parties are somewhat amicable and can agree upon something.


You can move back into the home, it is your home and entitlement is there for you to live there.


Please accept.

Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Daniel, I think the answer was reasonable but obvious, nothing that I didn't already know.


All the best