How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5619
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mum owns and lives in her house which has a flat underneath.

This answer was rated:

My mum owns and lives in her house which has a flat underneath. For 25 yrs she allowed my sister , husband and 2girls to live in the house while she livened in flat, they did help with expenses . Now my mum at 84 has moved my sister into flat, husband and children have gone their own ways etc.. But now my sister refuses to help mother do anything around the house garden etc. pays her 100dollar wkly, my mum would like her to move out as now fighting has started, mum cannot take stress, sister bitter about living in flat, even though mum finds it difficult to walk down steep drive etc, my sister refuses to move out says nobody can make her, where does my mother stand on this, I live in another state

Your mum has the easy option of simply giving your sister notice to vacate the premises.

Give her a months notice to leave, then change the locks on the door.

She should perhaps have the police present when the month is up so there is no issue.

As she owns the property, there is no issue with giving notice.

Please accept
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you