How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5420
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I have been issued with an Infringement Notice from The

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have been issued with an Infringement Notice from The Qld Police Service. It was issued by an officer for speeding. All details on the notice are correct except for except for the box where the speed limit of the area has been left blank. So it says Your speed of 90km/hr exceeded the maximum speed limit of ........ km/h (ie left balnk)
If you don't pay the fine and/or contest it in court then the police can update the missing field, so such an error is not a reason itself to ignore or challenge the ticket.

So, if you have concerns about the charge itself, as to whether you were exceeding the speed limit or by how much then you should definitely either check the speed yourself or raise it with the authority before deciding whether to contest the ticket in court. It is also possible that if you write to the authority pointing out the error that they might simply withdraw the infringement notice if the police officer concerned cannot readily recall the speed limit of the road from his/her notes or simply fails to deal with it in a timely manner.

I trust the above assists.

Please rate my answer so I can be paid by the website operator.

Thank you and good luck.

Patrick H. and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Australia Law Questions