How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44897
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was recently married in Bosnia and Herzegovina (24/08/2013) I

This answer was rated:

I was recently married in Bosnia and Herzegovina (24/08/2013)

I am currently applying for a Parter Temporary Visa for my fiance who is living in Bosnia and Hercegovina

Am I able to apply for a Tourist Visa and the Partner Temporary Visa at the same time, and will one VISA application affect the other?

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your question, I am a sydney based lawyer and will do my best to assist you with your question.

If you apply for both the visitors visa may not be granted as they would fear that she may overstay that visa.

Alternatively you can apply for a partner visa when she is here on a visitors visa and she would be able to stay while they decide.

This is an alternative.

How long have you known each other?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.



We have known each other since 2010 but really only committed to any type of relationship this year in May. I got engaged to her on the 27th of May and arranged the marriage to be on the 24th of August as it fit in with a trip I had to Italy with work.


So in your opinion would you suggest not pursuing both visa's at the same time?

Good Afternoon

You can do what I have suggested.

Have her come in as a visitor and before the 3 months are over apply for the partner visa and she can stay until the partner visa is granted.

She will go on a bridging visa while she waits and not be seen as overstaying.

Do not pursue them at the same time.

I hope this is of assistance.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Hypothetically, what are the fees for a lawyer to oversee such a case and do all the necessary paperwork for the above to take place?

Good Afternoon

I cannot say. Most Solicitors charge an hourly rate. Some would charge you a flat fee.

For overseas solicitors I cannot comment.

I know that you would be paying about $8,000.00 for a Solicitor to prepare the full application and lodge and pay the fee for filing the application in Australia.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Thats all the information I require. Thank you very much. The information provided was good service!

Good Afternoon

You are very welcome and thank you for using my services.

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback

Leon and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you