How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5420
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi! my wife and myself are having few problems in marriage

This answer was rated:

hi! my wife and myself are having few problems in marriage at present .She has dual citizenship and i am worry she may take our 3 years old child overseas(Thailand) one day without telling me. Child has Australian passport which is being held by my wife. Is there any way i can prevent possible kidnap of our child from happening without having access to child's passport? Can i inform authorities in immigration in advance to stop my child being taken overseas without my authorisation??
Regards Steven
Hello and thank you for your question.

You need to make an urgent application to the Family Court to have your child placed on the airport watchlist which would mean that if she presents the child's passport at any airport the authorities should be alerted not to let the child leave the country until such time as the court approves the travel. This should ensure she cannot take your child out of the country until such time as the court has considered whether to allow such travel.

If you are as concerned as you sound you should contact a family lawyer ASAP to make the appropriate application immediately, and obviously you should take such steps without alerting your wife in case she tries to leave before you can obtain such orders.

If you need assistance locating a family lawyer, contact the NSW Law Society as they can refer you to appropriate lawyers in your area:

I trust the above assists.

Please rate my answer so I can be paid by the website operator.

Please note I am only paid if you rate me with three or more stars/smileys.

Thank you and good luck.

Patrick H. and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Patrick.
Thanks for your comprehensive reply. If I would have ask you to help me with such application would you be interested. And if yes how much would it cost please???
Hello again,

Unfortunately, I'm not permitted to deal with Just Answers customers otherwise than through the website, and family law is not an area in which I regularly practice, however, I expect an application of that sort would cost something in the order of two or three thousand dollars.

If you need help finding an appropriate lawyer you should contact the Law Society link I provided previously.

Good luck and thank you for your positive rating of my previous answer,


Patrick H. and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you