How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5708
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Daniel thanks for your response. The issue is I loaned

This answer was rated:

Hi Daniel thanks for your response.

The issue is I loaned him 8000 dollars our relationship is over and I have all he's personal effects I want to hold these till he makes payment the police in Queensland tell me I am holding the
Illegally and he had a right. I
Know I will never see the money if I give them up.

In such matters it is reasonable to keep the items in this instance.

It is a family law matter and as such there is a need to settle.

If you give him the items, there is every chance he will not pay the money back at all.

Please accept.
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you