How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5772
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This year, for the first time, the CSA has added my rental

This answer was rated:

This year, for the first time, the CSA has added my rental property LOSSES ($15,000) onto my adjusted taxable income shown on my notice of assessment ($90,000).

ie: for child support calculations, the CSA have calculated my income as $90,000+$15,000=$105,000.....but the $15,000 is a rental proprty LOSS!

Is this correct and why have they not done this in previous years?

Thank you in advance

best regards,

Simon Gray

The legislation has not changed with respect of child support.

They must calculate the amounts with the rental property issue.

Accordingly, they miscalculated prior payments it seems if your loss is consistent.

I would speak with them and also with the ombudsman.

Please accept.
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you