How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5787
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I wanted to know how I go about contesting the amount of

This answer was rated:

Hi I wanted to know how I go about contesting the amount of rates charged. Our property has been way overvalued by the council. We have had the house valued and all valuations have been around $60,000 less than council valuation.


It is best to speak with the council directly in respect of the matter and have them speak with you to resolve.

If that does not assist, then you can make a formal complaint to the ombudsman.

Please accept
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you