How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brisbane-Lawyer Your Own Question
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 14361
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Brisbane-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, My 13 year old daughter has been slandered as being the

This answer was rated:

Hi, My 13 year old daughter has been slandered as being the local slut. What can I do to stop this women from spreading this.
How has this woman been spreading these rumours so far, and can you prove it or is it just suspected?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I mentioned previously I already have two signed affidavits from persons she said this to.

In that case your daughter can sue her for defamation, which is basically suing her for the damage her remarks have done to your daughter's good reputation.

If, however, all you are after though is getting her to stop this behaviour, then you or your daughter should see a lawyer and have that lawyer write this woman a letter firmly telling her that if she doesn't stop her behaviour and apologize, that he holds instructions to commence proceedings against her for defamation.

When she see's this on a lawyer's letterhead, hopefully she will get the message and take this seriously. However, if she continues to make defamatory remarks to people about your daughter, then you will have no option but to commence proceedings against her and also seek an injunction to restrain her from continuing to defame your daughter.

Obviously you would need a lawyer to assist with this, but depending on where in Australia you reside, I can recommend a good solicitor who could assist with this. Just let me know if you're interested.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would appreciate a recommendation. I am in Brisbane. thanks

I recommend you contact Narendra who can be reached on (07) 3379 3699. He should be able to assist you further with this and is located in Graceville.

Please don't forget to leave positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question.
Brisbane-Lawyer and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you