How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sean Your Own Question
Sean, Experienced lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 855
Experience:  Law degree with 1st class honours from Australian National University.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Sean is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a UK Resident and I have been a Director of an Australian

This answer was rated:

I am a UK Resident and I have been a Director of an Australian Company since 2006. I am married with two children, one aged eight and one aged one and a half. I am a qualified accountant. Two resident Australian directors have resigned and I am considering going and basing myself down in Australia for either a couple of years or on a three months on and three off basis.

What are my options ?

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to assist you with this.

The best option for you would be to apply for a subclass 457 visa. This visa allows skilled workers to come to Australia and work for an approved company for up to 4 years. This is a common visa for people in your situation.

You can include your wife and children under this visa, so they could come with you.

It's probably easiest if I give you the government website with all of the information on subclass 457 visas, so you can look at the requirements:

Please let me know if you need any more information.


Sean and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you