How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44357
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for representation on a fee for win basis with

This answer was rated:

I am looking for representation on a fee for win basis with a professional negligence claim against my former solicitors. Evidence is compelling - they failed to do what we initially agreed they would do, and failed to meet deadlines for hearings, leaving me no grounds to negotiate and no option but to make a settlement payment before court. Quantifying claim may be problematic but in range of $200,000 to 500,000.
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

Please be patient as I am currently overseas and it may take time to respond due to access to the internet and time differences.

In order to get representation you need to contact the law Society of QLD and get a referral to Solicitors that practice in Compensation work.

Their website is as follows:

Before you can commence any process you will need to get the file released from your former solicitor and have the new Solicitor look it over.

If they believe from the file, that you have a case they may take it on and not charge you unless they are successful.

The Solicitor when looking at the file will be able to see what your damages may be based on the information, and if it can be shown that you did not get the compensation you deserved due to the Solicitors failure to comply with the Court Rules then you will have a claim.

If QLS only gave you 2, there are many others that do this work but mainly fro workers compensation and CTP claims.

It is a matter of cold calling and see if anyone is prealred to at lease see you.

Here are some firms that are australia wide and may be able to assist.

There are many more you just have to do searched online or through the yellow pages.

It is not a simple thing.

Is tere anything else I can assist you with?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

This is about professional negligence, not compensation or ctp ... I know some of the firms you listed provide a no win no fee service but I have found this is usually to do with accident compensation and group action cases.

I don't have my file back from the solicitors [who I intend taking action against], but I do have copies of everything they prepared and communicated to me and the other party and their solicitors.

Good Evening

Professional negligence involves an insurance claim and most No Win No Fee Solicitors do this type of claim.

They are always prepared to do it because they usually settle and they always get paid.

So as with Compensation cases Professional negligence is a claim against the Solicitors indemnity insurance as CTP is a claim against the CTP insurer.

Is that a little clearer as to why I referred you to them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, that makes sense and is somewhat encouraging. i am happy with your response, thank you

Good Evening

You are very welcome and thank you for using my services.

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback

Leon and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you