How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to ask a question I have signed my daughters passport

Customer Question

Need to ask a question I have signed my daughters passport form, I had spoken to my ex about 2 weeks a go and he said that was fine. Then when they have called him he is now deniying ever signing any of her passport apllication, what should I do where should I go??? I am in Victoria but work around the Dandenong area. Thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 years ago.
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

Please accept my apologies fro the delays. I am on my way to London and with time differences and access to the internet my responses may be a little late.

Are you saying he has signed it an now is denying that he did? Was his signature witnessed?

Do you have the details of the party that witnessed his signature?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No I signed it, after I asked him if i could sign his signature. Now he has spoken to the passport people and he is denying it all even the last 2 his signed. I spoke to him yesterday and he said of I forgot all about that and then 2 hours later he accused me of lying and he would not call them. So I need to contact the passport people and tell them what I have done and that he is denying everything. I do have witnesses to both my calls one was my friend and co worker and the second call was my daughter but I dont want to get her involved. She just wants me to cancel the passport because of her father. I dont know what to do if I call the passport people and tell them or do I wait for them to call him again???? My biggest fear is if I ring them and because he is denying everything that I will go to court and end up in jail. Can you help me with where I should go now

Thnak you

Expert:  Leon replied 4 years ago.
Good Afternoon

So he has not signed it? Is he prepared to sign it? You need to know if he signed it.

Call the passport office and find out what they have infront of them. If he has signed it and there is a witness then they can investigate further.

Otherwise you have to go to court and get an order.