How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sean Your Own Question
Sean, Experienced lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 855
Experience:  Law degree with 1st class honours from Australian National University.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Sean is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a resident of Australia, coming tonAustralia on 1949,

This answer was rated:

I am a resident of Australia, coming tonAustralia on 1949, I am not a naturalised citizen, and I have a return entry visa in my British passport. My question is if I marry a British subject can he come to Australia to live.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to assist you with this.

Given that you are a permanent resident of Australia, your partner will be able to get a spousal visa to come and live in Australia with you. You can also get a prospective marriage visa so your partner can come here before you are married.

All you need to know for applying for how to apply for this type of visa can be found a this site:

Please let me know if you need any more information.

All the best with your future marriage.

Sean and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you