How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5420
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If it possibles to get a licence under one name when you have

This answer was rated:

If it possibles to get a licence under one name when you have had licenses under several named with nsw era
Sorry, but it's not clear what you mean.

Are you talking about driver's licenses?

Why have you had licenses under different names and what name do you want it under now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I suffer from a major depression and as it was not properly treated for a long time. I would become very unwell and I wanted to find a way to be able to change my life. I thought at the time changing my name would do it. I am now prescribed antidepressants which provide me with stability. The name I now have I am happy with. I haven't driven for ten years. I would like to know if there is a way for me to gain a licence under my current name without there being any complications.
If you register your name change at the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registry:

You should then have no problem having your current license or applying for a new license in your new name by following the RTA process.

If there is further information or follow up questions you require then please ask and I will try to assist you further, otherwise please rate my answer so that I can be paid by the website operator for my time.

Please note I am only paid if you rate me with three or more stars/smileys.

Thank you and good luck.

Patrick H. and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Australia Law Questions