How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44179
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted of a crime in Victoria Au. Was sentenced 5yrs

This answer was rated:

I was convicted of a crime in Victoria Au. Was sentenced 5yrs with 3yrs for parole. I went to jail for 8 months before appeal. On appeal, conviction was quashed and I was released that day. The supposed victim apologised to me and the matter was left at that. I was 21 years old. I am now 38, I had never been in trouble for anything before or since. I now want to apply to police force. Would records still exist 17 years later that would stop me being successful?
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

If the conviction was quashed there should be nothing on your record and it will have no impact on your application to the police force.

If something does appear on your record, you will need to attend at the courthouse that maybe order quashing your conviction and get a copy of that order and have the record corrected.

But usually when a conviction is quashed it disappears from your criminal record.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Excellent service
Thank you
Good Afternoon

You are very welcome and thank you for using my services.

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback

Leon and 2 other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you