How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brisbane-Lawyer Your Own Question
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 14361
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Brisbane-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I have a car parked in a suburban St with no signed Council

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have a car parked in a suburban St with no signed Council Parking restriction in place.
The car is parked near the edge of a driveway opening but not over it. The car is moved every 2weeks.
A neighbour is silicone glueing "move your car" messages on windscreen. And this morning wrote in paint "Move" .
What is the legal postion on what this neighbour is doing? I know who it is.
I prefer a non confrontational approach she is quite abusive in many ways. Dumping clothes off line on ground etc etc.
What is the legal position on what this neighbour is doing?

Provided you can prove it is her, you can ring the police and have her charged with public mischief and with damage to property if the glue could not be easily removed.

Keep in mind though, the police are not going to charge her unless you have something more than mere suspicion. So you need some proof or someone who actually saw her doing this.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.
Brisbane-Lawyer and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you