How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brisbane-Lawyer Your Own Question
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 14361
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Brisbane-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently have a court injunction against me for outstanding

This answer was rated:

I currently have a court injunction against me for outstanding debts owing as part of a former company I was a director of as well as a business partner. The working relationship broke down and subsequently during that time all remaining business assets and funds owed were left in the hands of my ex-business partner to finalise.
It has since been found out that during that time my ex-business partner changed the name of the company and made me sole director of this newly named company without my knowledge and consent and subsequently left me liable for all those outstanding debts owed to creditors that he purposefully never honoured.
Obviously Legal representation is probably in my best interest from this point but I do not currently have the funds to finance what that is likely to cost at this point in time.
What do you suggestion I do in this instance given these circumstances??
Your (potential) advice is highly appreciated.
Where in Australia are you located?

Were you ever served with a Statement of Claim or other Court documents?

If so, did you respond?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No not that I am aware of. What is my best point of action from here?

You need to contact ASIC and ask them if you are listed as a director in any of their records. They can be reached on 1300 300 630. If they say yes, then there are forms you need to fill out to remove yourself as director.

If you find this chap has made you a director of companies you don't know anything about, that is a criminal offence and ASIC will want you to make a full statement so they can begin an investigation.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.
Brisbane-Lawyer and 2 other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Australia Law Questions