How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44647
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner commenced work about four months ago as a welder.

This answer was rated:

My partner commenced work about four months ago as a welder. He is 63 years old and is a very good worker with an excellent work stated in his references from previous employers. He also needs to work. There is no heating in the workshop. Where he is working now, there are surveillance cameras and the boss observes all the employees going about their work. When he notices one employee talking to another about their job, he becomes quite riled and challenges his workers. Today my partner was working on a different type of trailer as it has a wooden base and not a steel base. A colleague walked past him and my partner asked him, as he was more experienced in this type of work, how high it should be. This colleague attempted to assist him. However, when he had helped, the boss then came out of his office and began verbally abusing him, accusing him of 'bludging' and saying that he should have asked him (the boss) what to do. My partner tried to explain the situation, but he was
told he should only see him(the boss) about his work. This is not the first time this has happened. It appears the boss, simply just loses his cool, when he observes on his surveillance cameras, what he thinks is 'slacking off' workers. This workplace does not provide regular pay slips in their employees pays either. Please help us if you can
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

What you are describing is bullying and intimidation and your partner has the right to lodge a complaint against the boss.

It is also a requirement by an employer to provide regular payslips to an employee particularly if the employee requires them.

the following link provides detailed information about bullying in the workplace thatMay assist your partner:

The payslip issue can be reported to Fair Work Australia.

I hope this is of assistance.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for you prompt reply.


You have just confirmed our thoughts with regard to bullying. I will speak with my partner when he returns home from work.


I will also speak to my partner re contacting Fair Work Australia with regard to the receiving of his weekly pay slips.


Many thanks again,



Good Afternoon,

You're very welcome and I'm happy to have been of assistance.

Please do not forget to leave me with positive feedback.

Leon and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you