How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5710
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a family legal matter. My ex will not give me reasonable

This answer was rated:

I have a family legal matter. My ex will not give me reasonable access to my child, I am a transgender female and my new partner is male. I have attempted the mediation system with my son's mother, which broke down after several sessions with no resolution. My ex will not give access stating that my child (four) is at risk in regards XXXXX XXXXX gender development. My partner (male) and I are a normal loving husband and wife couple (although we can't get married, we intend to list on the relationships register in Qld), with our own home, and we have an excellent relationship with my husband's two teenage children who visit during the week and on weekends.

I would like to draft a letter, and a parenting agreement to propose that we co-parent in an amicable and responsible manner. I believe it is in my son's best interests to have me in his life as we are very close, and have always been, and I want him to reside with me on alternate weekends and half the school holidays. Would you be able to help me in this matter please.

Thanks, Steff :-)

transgender anything is no issue at all.

She needs to get over it.

I would file in the family court now, seek orders immediately.

She cannot just randomly stop or excuse contact on something that just isnt going to change.

Get a lawyer, she needs a dose of reality that you jointly need to raise this bub.

Please accept
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you