How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5599
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Tax Agent and my son has given me his change of employment

This answer was rated:

I am a Tax Agent and my son has given me his change of employment document which his employer has call "Offer of Re-Appointment Agreement" My son has not signed the Offer and he wants to know if he does not sign it is he giving notice or is he being put off?
Should I email you the document?

Such agreements are fraught with issue.

My advice would be to not sign and speak with the fair work ombudsman in respect of the matter.

If he is re appointed, the issues is that his employment commences when he signs, meaning he can be sacked within the next 6 months and not be able to file an unfair dismissal claim at fair work.

Please accept.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank that is very helpful there was no written agreement before this so is that terminated by the new offer of re-appointment


all the best.

please accept
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you