How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5616
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My car was hit by a driver who was under the influence yesterday

This answer was rated:

My car was hit by a driver who was under the influence yesterday and her insurance is not going to cover the damage and my insurance policy had lapsed which I was unaware of so I can not claim it through my insurance. She has done over $10,000 to my car. I was wondering if it is possible to sue her personally and how I would go about it?


File an application here to sue them personally.

it is a simple procedure where frankly they have no defence.

They were drunk, negligent and caused the accident.

The link above will direct you.

It is a very simple procedure, simply file an application if they do not file a defence, you get default judgement. If it goes to hearing, i think you will win. I doubt you need a solicitor.

Please accept.
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you