Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We invested $10,000 in a company called "Civic Mortgage Capital&q…

Customer Question
We invested $10,000 in a...
We invested $10,000 in a company called "Civic Mortgage Capital" The interest was to be at 20% every month and the period about two years.The date was 14th June 2011. We received some payments the last one on the 10th Oct 2011. Since then we have received some letters and emails indicating that other parties were not playing theit part in the property investment. One letter said that he had sold out to a company called "Benchmark capital" but that he still ran the company. His name isXXXXX" He is still operating in Queensland and we received a call from a mail out outfit concerning a new investment being offered to us. The person from Rosemount Downs Queensland called Maja said that Russell Whitchurch will be calling us by phone after the mail ot about the new investment. I took all my paperwork to a my broker at Bell Potter and he said it was too soon to take action but I believe he couldnt be bothered. At some stage we would take some action but not sure of where to start. There is free advisor with Centrelink, ASIC,local solicitors but we sense there is a need that it goes to someone who specialises in this kind of thing. We would like some agency with offices close such as Cairns. Perhaps you could point us in the right direction. As pensioners aged 83 and 69 we are atracted to no win no fee advertising. maybe this is not suitable and ask you advise. All paperwork is saved and dated. John and Ave Roberts
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Australia Law
7/11/2013
Solicitor: Fran-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Fran-mod
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

I am reading a short response from "Fran" moderator. Fran has said nothing relevent to my input. Fran's reply looks like a ready made text. Other than this I have nothing from you. I would expect to get some advise on what course of action I should take.