How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5776
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im employed full time casual in marine industry untyfauling

This answer was rated:

I'm employed full time casual in marine industry untyfauling boats very often using very strong and poisoners materials, and I'm protecting my body with mask and very often with suits my self and other of my colleagues get allergic reaction and my self on few occasions had to go to emergency doctors to treat it as at times is unnumbered and i can't work as my face swell up, but when I can't work at those times I have been told by my employer that I want be paid because I'm casual.
I think this is distressful because i cant work as i'm in a lot of pain and on medication but my employer don't care about it.
My question is ??have I got any rights to be paid for the time when I HAD TO GET MEDICAL HELP and was unable to work

You become sick whilst at work, you have every right to be paid when you spend time of work as a result.

I would speak to work cover immediately over the sickness you have been subject to.

Your employer needs to provide you with a safe working environment.

Please accept
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you