How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5599
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you let me know how I can find a person to serve divorce

This answer was rated:

Can you let me know how I can find a person to serve divorce papers to as the last known address I have the person is not there, a letter was sent by his uncle and returned back to the uncle. I don't have a phone number or work address.

can you please help me as I have been seperated for 7 years,

thanking you

My email address [email protected]

You can attend to substituted service.

You need to file an affidavit along with the application explaining that

1. you sent the divorce papers to their last known address
2. you do not know where they now live
3. you have tried to contact them

it is a simple procedure done all the time.

Please accept.
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your help, I am trying to do this without a great deal of expense

as I am near age pension, but working part time, I have sent an email to my sister-in-law get me the uncle's phone number so I can ring him and see if he has a phone number, then I was going to Legal Aid for assistance, but I

thought I would try your service to see if I could get some information to help me.

all the best

Related Australia Law Questions