Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I rang up a company on behalf of my mother and said I was her

it was to tell them...
I rang up a company on behalf of my mother and said I was her it was to tell them that the spelling was incorrect on her store card. They then rang my mother whilst I was on hold to them and quizzed her she is hard of hearing and did not understand the woman and would not tell them anything. They then came back on the line to me and asked who I was I then told them I was her daughter on her behalf and the woman told me I had committed fraud because I had originally said I was her - can I be arrested?
7/9/2013
Wendy-Mod

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy

HI

I have not been answered.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello

You need not be concerned. You had not acted in a fraudulent manner nor acted in a Manner where you are to obtain money by deception.

They cannot charge you for an obvious mistake.

Please accept.

Thank you for your time that was what I believed but when you are confronted by someone saying it you start to think the worse.

More than understandable,

please accept
Daniel, Solicitor
Daniel, Solicitor