How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5612
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Son has been pulled over for speeding. Was told that he

This answer was rated:

My Son has been pulled over for speeding. Was told that he was doing over 90 in a 60 zone.
Therefore losing his license for 6 months.
My Son claims that he was speeding in a 80 zone not 60 and in a different street.
Can we appeal the fine.

You can most definitely appeal the offence.

I would suggest that you print of the street map of Google Maps online, show where he was and even go to the street and take a photo of any signs that show the speed.

With that, write a letter explaining that it was a 80 zone and that he was speeding only 20 over.

I suggest if he does have that evidence, the fine would be reduced.

If not, elect to go to court and fight it with the same argument / evidence.

Please accept.

Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Australia Law Questions