Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

My question is what do I do if someone will not pay a account.

This was a personal agreement...
My question is what do I do if someone will not pay a account. This was a personal agreement between myself and another person. We went on a flying trip with this person and my wife and myself. He originally agreed to share costs in the fuel and hire of the plane. I own the plane and we agreed to go 3 way split with him.
I paid all fuel except for one payment of $300 which he paid. We paid for our own accommodation and meals. When it came to the end of the trip I emailed the bill to him and he refused payment. He said that because he did only 3 hours flying as Pilot in Command that he did not have to pay the full invoice. He was only willing to pay $675 and not the original invoice of $2107. he said he had made a payment of the fuel, so therefore he only owed $375.
Where can I go to seek advise on this. I would like to take him to VCAT? Is this possible.
Regards Mark
7/2/2013
Wendy-Mod

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy

Still waiting response please

Fran-mod

Thank you. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Hello again,

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,
Wendy

Willing to wait for response

Thank you. We have marked your question high priority. It is open to all Australian lawyers and site researchers.
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello

Vcat is the Appripriate avenue to to go here.

You should file an application to the small claims division of vcat.

The evidence stated above is more than ample to find the person liable.

Vcat would be able to look into the matter and make a judgement call.

Please accept

Do I need legal counsel or can I represent myself.
What is the costs
What is the time frame to pit in a request to hear my problem
Where is VCAT situated
Best represent yourself to save costs and it is a forum where self represented litigants always attend.

Time frame is 6 years.

There are various vcat places, best check the site

Please accept
Daniel, Solicitor
Daniel, Solicitor