How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A tenant who shares an office building with us is smoking indoors.

Customer Question

A tenant who shares an office building with us is smoking indoors. The smoke constantly comes down our corridor and into our office. The office building has poor ventilation as it is and the smoke sometimes comes down the air conditioning too when we turn it on. We operate a tuition centre, so there are kids everywhere. We are concerned about our kids' and employees' health and safety. We also lost many customers.

I have contacted the landlord's representative for over a year now, and the only thing they have done was serve the offending tenant a breach of contract letter. That did nothing. Is there anything we can do to stop this once and for all? Also, are we able to get compensation from the landlord because they have failed to do anything about the smoke?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am still needing assistance. Thanks!

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Assistance is not required anymore. It will be greatly appreciated if you can refund all my money and close my account. Thanks for your help.