How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brisbane-Lawyer Your Own Question
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 14361
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Brisbane-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

To whom it may concern, I am trying to figure out what is the

This answer was rated:

To whom it may concern, I am trying to figure out what is the easiest path to get permenent residency here in Australia for my specific situation. I have a lot of options so I'm trying to find out what is the :

My specific case: I went to medical school in Australia, Orginally a US citizen. I worked in 2007 on a 457 for a year and half. My wife is Australian (whom I married back in 2008). I am an emergency physician (staff specialist, will be fellow of the Australian Emergency medicine college in sept) (severe shortage here). I am currently on a 457 with queensland health which runs out in Jan, started in Jan.
I think it'll be no probs to renew my 457 but I'd rather get some type of permanency here. We just bough a house (my wife and I) and my wife is pregnant with our first child due in Nov.. I make over 250K a year. I am 33 yrs of age. So looking at the points thing it looks like I could do a 186/187 visa, or a spouse visa, or redo the 457 and wait a year to get PR, or use my year from working in 2007 on a 457 and my current year to apply for PR(I don't know if you can do that)
If I am on my own visa(i.e not a 457) I can do private work which would be a nice supplemental to my income. January 21st is when my contract "ends" although I don't think QLD health would have a prob renewing it but wanted to fit it in that time frame.
I just want the easiest way to go about doing this.
I just want the easiest way to go about doing this.

In my opinion you should apply for the spousal visa. It would be processed the fastest. I also recommend you make your application through a registered migration agent because that will hasten the process even more.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.
Brisbane-Lawyer and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you