How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brisbane-Lawyer Your Own Question
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 14361
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Brisbane-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I wanna apply for work and travel on my bridging visa e

This answer was rated:

If I wanna apply for work and travel on my bridging visa e as I have applied for spouse visa already and I was illegal in the country before but I wanna apply for work rights now and but travel for a week in December how should I do it and what documents should I provide
What year were you unlawfully in Australia?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
2010 but got married before that but didn't lodge my spouse visa till April this year
That is too soon. In that case they aren't going to allow you to work until your spousal visa is approved. If it had been five or more years, you would have had a chance.

I'm sorry, and I wish I had better news for you.

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me if I were to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

As such, if you are satisfied with my effort in answering your question, then I'll ask that you please provide positive feedback.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
But I have been in the country country since 2007 and was married in 2009 with my partner she is a Australian citizen
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I really wanna work and travel as well bcz I haven't gone and seen my family as well. But without work it's getting really hard to survive as I am not working she is the only income for the house hold at the moment. Can I try anything towards it or there is no solution
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I was illegal for 5 years or more then what was the chances towards it can u please explain it to me thanks if its ok with u
Its usually DIAC policy to punish people who over stay their visa. However, they will grant permission to work on a Bridging Visa E if you can demonstrate a compelling need to work.

So if you can demonstrate that, then you would have a chance.

I must go now for a couple hours but will get back to you when I am back from Court.
Okay, did you have any further questions?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So do u recon I should just wait for the result then. Or try to apply for it And see what outcome I get out of it with it
I think you should try to apply for it. The worst they can do is decline you, but it would not affect your chances of obtaining a spousal visa even if they do. So you really have very little to lose here by applying.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.
Brisbane-Lawyer and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you