How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5619
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been separated from my wife for 7 years ,we have a financial

This answer was rated:

I have been separated from my wife for 7 years ,we have a financial agreement of 50% each of a property in which she lives in . We had a contract of sale on it a month ago but she didn't agree to extend fiance timeline so the contract was breached and the sale fell through
. She intends to buy me out but has no employment and is on a disability pentcion so no possability of securing a loan. How long do I wait ? Can I force her into selling the property?



The reality is that she cannot afford the home


Attend to speak with a solicitor and force the sale. It is as simple as attending court and forcing the sale.


She must concede to it as she cannot prove that she can keep it.


In respect of the matter it will cost on or around $900 from a solicitor to undertake this work. You can also seek costs against her.


Perhaps what you can do is threaten her with it, and she may capitulate.


Please accept.



Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you