How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5708
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi There, My brother evenly divided my mothers money before

This answer was rated:

Hi There,

My brother evenly divided my mothers money before she died and turned it into two even sumed bank cheques. She died two days later, The moneies were dived according to her will, just done before her death. Is this legal?

If she gave consent for this, or he had the power of attorney, then yes it is legal.

Otherwise it will be called back and brought into probate and the will would be administered.

However, it is in unlikely that will occur as the effect of the will has been given and nobody has been treated unfairly.

Please accept
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you