Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

I have had a restraining order court hearing in which my ex

I have had a restraining order court hearing in which my ex girlfriend had applied for. The judge after hearing the facts decided to write up an agreement between myself ,her and the court saying no contact to be made unless thru a lawyer no letters unless it has to do with property settlement. Not allowed within 100 metres of one another or property and only a family court resolution can overturn this agreement.
I am sure that if the judge saw it fit to award her the vro he would have but we got this instead so I feel that with the facts presented I ( even though I was not asked many questions) had a positive outcome for me. The ex makes it quite clear to everyone including my family lawyer that it is in her favour because of the apparent bullying and intimidating is because it was written and is using this against my character for visitation rights.
My question is can I get this agreement changed or overturned in court as I went there to defend my good character and I now feel that this agreement does not fit the entire truth.

Once a judge makes an agreement like that, you need to wait a minimum of two years before you apply to the Court to vary that agreement.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is this agreement as bad as if she was awarded the vro? I know she had no grounds and the judge couldn't see any threat for her safety with the evidence that she presented.
Is this agreement as bad as if she was awarded the vro?

No. It is less serious than a VRO.

Please don't forget to leave positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question.