Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

I have been given a Medical Retirement after 33.5 years as

I have been given a Medical Retirement after 33.5 years as a Materials Engineer in RMS. I had bullying and harassment allegations made by querulous staff, 5 investigations, 1 finalisation, an Appeal to CEO/DG/Minister for Roads, and all has ceased after I accepted am IMA and concurrently a medical retirement. RMS will not admit that it was a work related injury, yet they did not follow process and procedure, showed no duty of care, bullied and victimised me in a middle management position. All I want is an acknowledgement and fairness in relation to my legal and medical costs ~ $50k. What can I do?
All I want is an acknowledgment and fairness in relation to my legal and medical costs ~ $50k. What can I do?

Unfortunately you aren't going to get it. Once you accepted the medical retirement, you lost your right to take this further. You and your former employer have now parted ways, and that is the end of that.

The only way to boost your income now would be to find new employment with someone else.

I'm sorry, and I wish I had better news for you.

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me if I were to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

As such, if you are satisfied with my effort in answering your question, then I'll ask that you please provide positive feedback.