Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

We signed an "Exclusive

Sale Authority" with an Estate...
We signed an "Exclusive Sale Authority" with an Estate Agent on 25/2/13 with an authority period of 120 days. We wish to withdraw the property from Sale and advised the Agent in writing, however he refused to accept the letter.

He is now insisting we continue. What is the situation?

Barry X
5/12/2013
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Can you please email the contract you signed with the real estate agent to:
[email protected]

And ask them to forward it to Alex in the Australia law group. This can take up to 24 hours.

Contract sent

I will let you know once it has arrived.

what has happened to my answer?? (Wed)

Barry

Did you email it?

It hasn't arrived in my inbox yet. Are you able to maybe attach it?

Agreement attached

B

I have provided the information that you requested (after much difficulty with the process)I have still not received a reply?Barry XXXX
Only the front page came through. There is clearly writing on the back of the page (presumably the terms). That is what I need to see.
OK, They were never given more than the one page. Her's a sample of the REIV form showing the whole form.

Barry
Thank you for that additional information which was helpful in clarifying things.

Basically, if the terms allow you to terminate the agreement, then you simply need to send in writing to this agent that you are doing so. Preferably make him sign for receipt of your letter and keep a copy.

Apart from that, don't cooperate with him. He will get the message. But obviously it is very important to make sure you can terminate the agreement, and you will have to carefully read the terms on the reverse page of what you signed.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer