How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5710
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Friend who is a NewZealand woman was married in New Zealand

This answer was rated:

My Friend who is a NewZealand woman was married in New Zealand to an Australia man.

They have been separated for 5 years. My friend wants to get divorced as she has now met someone else.

She has asked my advice as I am a Marriage Celebrant and know the Australia Law but I haven't come across this question before.

My friend still holds a NZ passport.

Pleas advise

She can get divorced here.

She just needs to be separated for 12 months.

Get her to grab the marriage certificate.

Here is the kit:

Very simple.

Please accept
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you