How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44661
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mother and daughter buying a house together 50 - 50 with everything

Resolved Question:

Mother and daughter buying a house together 50 - 50 with everything as per contract. Daughter allows a new boyfriend to move in permanently. Would the boyfriend in time have a claim to the mothers portion of the house or only his partners.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 years ago.
Good Morning

The Boyfriend would only have a claim on the daughters share. He is only in a relationship with the daughter not the mother.

The law looks at what assets they have accumulated during the relationship individually and together.

The daughter to make sure that she protects her own interests should get a Binding Financial Agreement.

I hope this is of assistance and if so please click on the accept button
Leon and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you