Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My mother hired a moving company. Among other breaches in…

Customer Question
My mother hired a moving...
My mother hired a moving company. Among other breaches in their agreement, they are telling her that she needs to pay more upon delivery than what the written agreement states. If the movers refuse to unload her property without being paid the new amount, what is her remedy? The company she hired sub contracted out her move to another mover. I have a feeling that the sub is going to tell her to take it up with the general.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Australia Law
2/25/2012
Solicitor: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Contractor has to honor agreed price.
If sub has issue it's not customer fault.
Sub and contractor agreement has no baring on price.
The agreed price controls.
Good luck. Kindly click accept.
I know the contractor has to honor the agreed upon price. what is her remedy if the sub refuses to unload her property unless she pays the new balance? It's one thing to say that they have to honor the price but when they are the Bailee and posess your property and the means to unload it, it turns into a different matter. Can she get an order of replevin Or claim and delivery in order to get the sheriff involved.
She ca file a civil lawsuit for damages and a court order directing immediate release of property.