Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a Cargo Van on Saturday February 11, 2012 from…

Customer Question
I purchased a Cargo Van...
I purchased a Cargo Van on Saturday February 11, 2012 from Seventy Two Autos in Manheim Pa. I drove the vehicle home to West Chester,pa 19380( approximately 54 miles).Moved merchandise into the van in my driveway on Sunday. On Monday I drove to several deliveries in the King of Prussia Mall( 14 miles). I then entered the Pa. Turnpike west bound towards Downingtown two miles before the exit the engine made some unusual noises sputtered and ceased to operate( 13 miles) . The van was towed to Dambrosio Dodge and diagnosed that it had blown a hole in the block of the engine . Repair estimate $15,000. Drove the vehicle about 80-90 miles total when the engine failed.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Australia Law
2/22/2012
Solicitor: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You are entitled to a refund. Basis is breach of contract and unjust enrichment. Aside from demand a complaint to the bbb and court action can help lead to settlement. Good luck. Kindly click accept.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
How can I find a lawyer to accept this case?
You can find local options who are highly rated using martindale.com and findlaw.com. Good luck!!
Are you sure this was a used vehicle and there was not any formal warranty.
Yes even in an as is sale where seller unjustly enriched or misled you. Clearly easier whe purchasing with warranties.
I also learned about an FTC sticker/form that is to be part of any commercial truck sale and was not provided to me would this be a basis and powerful enough issue / reason to be able to force the seller to buy back the vehicle?
That would be additional basis to add to your claim!
Can you refer to any case law in Pa. that would support this.
That additional fact would not alone be basis where cured but the agregate of breaches would be grounds. These claims dont reach point of reported case law but handled on a case by case basis where court decides on basis of contract terms.