Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

i live in the country in wisconsin and i have a state facility…

Customer Question
i live in the country...
i live in the country in wisconsin and i have a state facility that i run in my home, i have been having problems with my neighbors for years, i have my lawn mower ruinded, my mailbox stolen, a $5000 check stolen, i get harassed, stalked, pictures taken of me, my resident, my son, his gf, friends, family, workers, every single person she and her husband take pictures of my ex stepdaugher came to stay with me for a week visiting she was watching and taking pictures of her and her daughter, the list goes on she stalks around my property, she will stand at the edge of her property listen to everything in my yard and home she, says things too people coming here, if we go outside she comes outside, recently my son had one of his friends who works at a pizza delivery place in town stop and bring him food, she called the boys employer to get him fired, i have a family member in the hospital and had my uncle over to spend the night and his daughter was gonna come pick him back up today, his daughter and his ex wife were waiting for him to come out when im informed the neighbors are out there taking pictures of them my uncle left and words were exchanged between my son and her.. i barely go outside im cant take the stress and harassment its taking a toll... 30 minutes ago i get a knock on my door sheriffs dept she called the cops on my son. for saying something, so her latest is she tells the cops she thinks my son is dealing drugs and the cop wants to come in my house im like no and then hes like well we can clear this whole thing i will bring a drug sniffing and go through your house im like are you serious i said my resident is here i am not gonna consent to that, i said on a regular basis i have state and county workers in my home, orkin goes thru my home, at night i get medication delivery from a pharmacy for my reds and fed ex and ups deliveries for supplies... i feel like because she has an idea because i have people coming and going from my house that its drugs and told the police that, that im being slandered, im being stalked, im being harassed every single day. why should i have to consent to that at all i run a business from my home and shes trying to ruin me. I was told by the officer that she can stand on her property and take pictures of me, my son, my business associates, and friends and extended family, i asked the officer when does this cross the line of her rights and it becoming stalking and harassement? he said he dont really know, i think i need help this stress is taking an emotional and physical toll on me shes gonna ruin my reputation, my business, my life and i cant let my dogs outside i try to stay inside i have no life anymore. the cops say move i cant just move, the say put up a fence that is gonna get extremely costly, they tell me report ever incident when i try nothing gets down. i have literally stopped reporting things because other cops have told me they are sick of coming out here that they are gonna start fining and ticketing everyone and i dont know what to do anymore. what can i do ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Australia Law
2/18/2012
Solicitor: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
A few options. Consider having a lawyer send a warning cease and desist letter. You may also pursue a civil lawsuit for damages relating to this tort and nuisance. The court can further award a restraining order and injunction. Repeated police complaints help when coordinated by legal counsel and may contact prosecutor office directly. Good luck. Have a nice weekend. Kindly click accept.
the suggestions of hiring an attorney for a "cease and desist" what would that type of letter do for me regarding this harassment? And looking in to the letter or further lawsuit, what area of law this would fall under? what type of attorney would i look for?
The letter may get the harassment to stop and otherwise be evidence for the court. You want a lawyer with civil litigation experience. Try martindale.com. Good luck. Please click accept for the answer.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney