Darren Kruse, Solicitor
Experience:  Practising in in Personal Injury, Workcover, Civil Disputes, Family, Wills and Estates and Criminal law.
54954358

Hi I am now having trouble with cancelling my membership with

Hi I am now having trouble with cancelling my membership with Be2 dating site and have read several complaints, what can I do?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Darren Kruse replied 6 years ago.

Darren Kruse :

Are you talking about the website : http://www.be2.com.au/

Darren Kruse :

If so, then then the terms of service govern the contractual relationship you have entered into. See : http://www.be2.com.au/guest/agbPage.jsp

Darren Kruse :

Clause XVIII governs the termination ;

Darren Kruse :

XVIII. Right of Revocation

The Client shall have the right to revoke the contractual relationship under item III (1) with be2 within 2 weeks from entering into the contract (registration date) by way of a written declaration addressed to be2 at the email address indicated in item XIII. or via surface mail to the address indicated in XIX.

The Client shall have the right to revoke the contractual relationship under item III paragraph (3) with be2 within 2 weeks from entering into the contract (registration date) in the same way, as long as no chargeable services have been used yet. Said right of revocation shall cease once use of the service has begun.

Darren Kruse :

----

Darren Kruse :

Now see the last sentence ? "Said right of revocation shall cease once use of the service has begun."

Darren Kruse :

They are trying to deny you the right to terminate the contract once you have started using the service !

Darren Kruse :

At this stage I would still try to revoke the contract by sending them an email as per clause XIII

Darren Kruse :

XIII. Communications

Communications from be2 to Clients are provided through display masks upon "login" or via email. Communications from Clients to be2 shall be sent via email to the addresses explicitly indicated in the pages (e.g.customerservice@be2.com.au) or via surface mail.

Darren Kruse :

As you are offline, I'll switch this to Q&A mode now.

Darren Kruse :

If you found my answers helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer.

I saw this in the terms and conditions at Clause III (3)
http://www.be2.com.au/guest/agbPage.jsp

Upon use of said chargeable services the registered Client enters into a contractual relationship with be2 in addition to and separate from registration. Such contractual relationship for chargeable services is brought about in that the Client accepts the obligation to pay by clicking on the payment confirmation button on the respective web page.

---

Have you used any chargeable services, or have you just registered ?

Have you been billed, or given your credit card details ?

Could you please provide me with some feedback regarding my answers ?

Finally, I want to make sure I was helpful to you.

Please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer.

This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog, if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask.
I see that this question will close in 51 minutes.

Please let me know if you have had a chance to look at my answer and if there is anything else I can add to my answer that will make you happy.

If you are happy with my answer, please click the green YES button so I can be paid.

regards,