Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Hi Dr Carol Thanks for your email...well life just gets more…

Customer Question
Hi Dr Carol Thanks for your...
Hi Dr Carol
Thanks for your email...well life just gets more and more interesting...I,ve resigned from my job as a paramedic because my employers have told me to my face that as a jehovahs witness I am not permitted to go preaching in my own time out of work...with paperwork to back it up..had a meeting with them before my holidays and long service leave...they were about to sack me and stopped mid-sentence because they got some of their information/evidence dates wrong...hence they just sent paperwork that isolates me as a JW and tells me that I cannot go preaching in my own time..after 7 years of their harrasing..intimidating and almost imprisonment of myself for a patient that assaulted me in the back of an ambulance I got abit sick of it all and resigned...also after they sent more abusing emails to me whilst on holidays that I would be investgated again for the 3rd time since the first external investation and 2nd police investigations came up with nothing and no misconduct by myself or the partner I was working with...so basically they have pushed me out of my career and wont even let me resign with peace...so hence life in the ambulance service has been abit stressful from the employers...so when I get back from my holiday..I want to see if I can sue to butt off the ambulance service or if I just have to walk away and let them treat everyone like garbage. Sorry its been a stressful two years...
regards Rachael
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Australia Law
6/30/2010
Solicitor: Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005 replied 8 years ago
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
I am an Australian lawyer. Do you have a question I can assist you with?

No. No question. I received an email about how I was and the last question...just sent a reply...but I,m concerned as to why I was charged as I didnt tick any boxes and didnt ask a question....

Because you asked a question from a lawyer.