Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I signed a financial agreement with my ex-defacto partner of…

Customer Question
I signed a financial agreement...
I signed a financial agreement with my ex-defacto partner of 6 years, we have a 3 year old daughter together which requires me to pay $700/week (reduced from an initial $1000/week) with a sunset clause dated 31/12/2011.
We verbally agreed to reduce payments to $450/week in consideration that I left her the house, chattels, motor vehicle etc.
Since getting engaged and now planning to marry in September, I have found communication increasingly difficult and need to understand what my legal obligations are financially to my daughter.
As we previously cohabited in Sydney, what State Law will apply? (I have lived in Perth since October 2007).
How is weekly compensation calculated? Can you recommend a family lawyer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Australia Law
6/29/2010
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Leon, Solicitor