Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Hi. Four weeks ago, I went and got my eyebrows waxed. My…

Customer Question
Hi. Four weeks ago...
Hi. Four weeks ago, I went and got my eyebrows waxed. My skin got burnt as a result. I took photos to show the beauticians. I contacted the manager and arranged to meet up two days later. She handed me a Vitamin C serum to help with the healing. I asked her if she she thinks it will scar. She informed me that this shouldn't happen. Today is now the 27th of June, and I still have the scar (brown colour, scab gone). What should I do? Contact them again for free alternative therapies? Condult a dermatologist for their opinion? Or take legal action? This is now causing some distress on my part. Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Australia Law
6/27/2010
Solicitor: Peter G., Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Peter G.
Peter G., Solicitor
What State are you in please?
NSW
So what now??? And why is the date on these correspondences dated Saturday? Ta.
Sorry for the delay. I certainly think you should see a specialist medical practitioner as a first step. You can ask the specialist what has caused this problem, and this will give you some insight into whether it is a result of this waxing treatment (it certainly sounds like it is), and whether any lack of proper care is involved. /// You may well have a legal action, this will depend upon whether there has been negligence, and what your damages are. You have to reach a threshold level of injury in NSW to receive pain and suffering damages, and it is these damages that will probably be the most significant part of your claim. You can also claim past and future medical and likes expenses, loss of earnings and other out of pocket expenses. But it is the pain and suffering damages that might be caught by the threshold, which would exclude this part of the claim completely. //// What I would suggest you do is contact Slater & Gordon in Sydney; they have a help line and will give you some guidance about the prospects of a client and about the threshold issues which may have a significant (negative) upon the claim. Slater & Gordon are well known specialist personal injuries lawyers.//// But, it is important first that you have proper medical advice. You can then consider the legal claims. //// I think this probably answers your question but please come back to me if you have any further query.
I meant to say also that the times we get on our side and current eastern Australian times - ?you may be getting American times.