Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

I recently was issued with a notice of immediate suspension

Customer Question

I recently was issued with a notice of immediate suspension of licence or permit after testing positive to a breath test after abstinance from alcohol of over 8 hours it was the next morning Iwas tested I received a fine for having tested over .05 in my blood this was later canceled by mail and a new fine was issued for over.05 presence on my breath the fine stated I had 30 days to contest the charge but the police had kept my licence which the road traffic people asked me to surrender to them at a later date I explained to the lady I rang up at the RTA that the police had it she was puzzled at this as she also said Ihad 30 days to challenge the charge? I paid the fine my query is was it legal to keep my licence and will I have to apply to the court when the supension ends to regain my licence
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 8 years ago.
Now that you have paid the fine, you should have a license suspension. Once that is up, you can then visit an RTA centre to have a new license issued.

If my answer has been helpful or informative, please press the Accept button. I am also able to answer further questions after accepting.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
are you positive that in victoria I wont have to apply and appear in court before a magistrate to regain my licence?
You shouldn't have to, but you will need to serve the entire suspension.