Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am up on a criminal charge. I do not have enough money to…

Customer Question
I am up on a...
I am up on a criminal charge. I do not have enough money to hire a lawyer. I tried Legal Aid, and they represented me at the first hearing, but they were so pushed for time they gave me the rush treatment. That of course is not satisfactory, so I have no option but to represent myself. It is not ideal, I know, but what other choice do I have? None!
My question is...does anyone have any helpful hints on how to best represent oneself.
thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Australia Law
6/12/2010
Solicitor: Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005 replied 8 years ago
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Wear a suit and tie, shave, get a haircut - and do your best from there.

Edited by Alex on 6/12/2010 at 8:51 PM EST
Alex, sorry man, but could you NOT answer any more of my questions. thanks.
Your question was:

Quote:

My recommendation, however, would be for you to stick with your legal aid appointed lawyer.
Please Alex, do NOT answer any more of my questions
Okay.