Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

my 17 year old son is attending a tertiary music performance…

Customer Question
my 17 year old son...
my 17 year old son is attending a tertiary music performance diploma he is a high functioning aspergers and i would like to know if the school he is at has a duty of care of assist him to reach his full potential as a drummer and performer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Australia Law
6/12/2010
Solicitor: Peter G., Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Peter G.
Peter G., Solicitor
What type of school is he at? In general terms - I do not need the name of the school.

a performing and training tertiary level of a 3 year degree

Julian is a high functioning aspergers individual and training in the drums and rock performance. the management has already had a meeting and have offered mentoring and extra drumming lessons, but things have come undone with the trauma he has suffered at the verbal abuse of his drama teacher.

This deserves a detailed answer. I will come back to it in the morning - could just respond with anything like "thanks" to keep this exchange alive.