Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I pleaded guilty in the magistrates court in 2008, i received…

Customer Question
I pleaded guilty in the...
I pleaded guilty in the magistrates court in 2008, i received 150 hours community service work which i completed, as i understood i never received a conviction. After applying for a job recently my background checks have come up with a criminal record. If i never received a conviction, how long does the case stay on on my record and is there a way to find out why i received a conviction thats if i did?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2010
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
I had to complete the community work and i escaped a criminal conviction. Thats what my barrister requested and the judge agreed.