How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brisbane-Lawyer Your Own Question
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 14361
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Brisbane-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you go about adopting children in Samoa And at what

Customer Question

How do you go about adopting children in Samoa? And at what age is the cut off limit? Thanks.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 7 years ago.
American Samoa or Samoa?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.


Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 7 years ago.

I am unsure what the Australian connection is? Is the child in Australia?


Your question has come through to the Australian Legal Question section.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No. They are in Samoa living with my grandmother which is why I am asking the question as I live here in Queensland. My cousin who I am willing to adopt is probably between the ages of 15 - 17 and that is why I asked about the age cut off. Thanks
Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 7 years ago.

Okay, well the process for adopting a child from Samoa generally includes the following steps:


  1. Choose an Adoption Service Provider
  2. Apply to be Found Eligible to Adopt
  3. Be Matched with a Child
  4. Adopt the Child (or Gain Legal Custody) in Samoa
  5. Apply for the Child to be Found Eligible for Adoption
  6. Bring Your Child Home


The deparment you need to liase with to get this done is the Ministry of Justice & Courts Administration who can be reached on (685) 22-671.


If my answer has been helpful or informative, please press Accept. I am also able to answer further questions after accepting.

Edited by Alex on 11/9/2009 at 3:21 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

So in other words you really can't help me, I would have to ring Samoa. Is this the case? I already have in mind who I want to adopt, so I don't really want to be put onto a list of children who need adoption, but would have to check with Samoa Ministry is this also right? Thanks

Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 7 years ago.

Q: I would have to ring Samoa. Is this the case?


A: The process would have to be done from there, yes - that's correct.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I was advised to consult with a Family Court Lawyer. Do you know anything in this field? I think this would give me better direction on what is required eg. documentation etc. Please advise. Thanks.